‘American Promise’ Probes Race Issues In NYC Private School – Talking to Black Children About R/WS – Part 2

Posted: February 20, 2014 in Uncategorized

PLEASE SHARE THE LINK TO THIS POST —

THIS IS A FILM EVERY BLACK PARENT NEEDS TO SEE

(available on-line for FREE until March 5, 2014)

LBM, a regular commenter on my blog posted this response on a previous post – “Talking to Black Children About Racism/White Supremacy – Part 1”

“Recently went to a viewing of American Promise (PBS, Sundance), a film that followed two black boys from K-12 who attended an “elite” prep school in NYC. Had a very lively discussion with parent’s and “educators” who were debating the perceived opportunities VS the emotional price of putting the boys in an environment that provided absolutely no support of their culture or ethnic selves.

I told the group I considered it to be child abuse to put a black child in an environment in which he/she was the only – or one of very few – black children , especially when the teaching staff was all white. There was some respectful debate but the nastiest pushbacks came from a couple of folk who were adamant that it didn’t matter the race of a child’s teachers. I told them that Black folk are the only people that say that.

I think the documentary can still be seen on-line. It raises many, many questions about many things but the fact that we adults refuse to envision a better world (fight white domination) and send these young people into the snake pit so pitifully unprepared — then have the nerve to expect positive results from them is…abusive to say the least.”

—–

I agree wholeheartedly.  This was  the response I posted to her comment:

@ LBM

I have seen so many black parents over the years who seem absolutely BEWILDERED that the black boy or girl they sent into an all-white environment doesn’t have any black friends, only wants to date white people, dislikes other black people and views them as “aliens,” and in fact, sometimes winds up having little respect even for that black parent.

I understand why some black parents believe a white school offers a better education but they fail to understand that “education” is more than just reading, writing, and arithmetic. An educational system also PROGRAMS your value system  AND  teaches you WHO is valuable and WHO is NOT.

—–

Which reminds me of something Adam Clayton Powell, the first black Congressman from New York State, once said:  “Harvard has ruined more Negroes than bad whisky.”

And why so many black people who have attended predominantly white schools and universities, often wind up DATING and MARRYING WHITE. And why, out of that number, they often wind up using their education and acquired skills to WORK AGAINST the interests of other black people – both in the U.S. AND abroad.

A friend of mine (a black male), who was offered a full scholarship all the way through medical school, told me that “they” (meaning, powerful white people) search for gifted black boys and young black males who show unusual academic promise so they could INDOCTRINATE (brainwash) them by offering scholarships to white universities and encouraging them to engage in homosexuality and/or sex/marriage with white females.

That, in effect, by placing our brightest children in the hands of those powerful white institutions — we are creating a BRAIN DRAIN in the black community that guarantees we will not have the numbers that have the education or the skill levels required to LIBERATE OURSELVES from oppression and total DEPENDENCY.

WE HAVE TO BE MORE LOGICAL

Why would the SAME SYSTEM that created INFERIOR BLACK SCHOOLS all over the nation — want to educate ANY black child UNLESS that child will be used — as an ADULT — to help maintain the WHITE SUPREMACY SYSTEM?

AND why would we expect OUR BLACK CHILDREN to fare any better in a predominantly white environment when WE as BLACK ADULTS — aren’t doing all that well OURSELVES?

In fact, one of the black parents in the documentary said, “I’ve been the only black child in the classroom,” says Tony. “Wasn’t a pleasant thing back then.” But, he hopes “times have changed.”

It doesn’t look like “times” haven’t changed very much for one of the black boys, Seun, who says he is no longer thrilled about attending Dalton (the private white school): “I hate school,”  he said. “It’s bad, it’s hard and I’m in the sixth grade.”

As the film progressed, the other black boy, Idris, asks a devastating question: “I bet if I were white, I’d be better off. Isn’t that true?”

Putting a black child in a white environment where black is assumed to be inferior will DEVASTATE that child’s self-esteem, self-confidence, self-respect — and increase their ANTI-BLACKNESS and WHITE IDENTIFICATION.

As one black parent said, “I’ve been the only black child in the classroom. Wasn’t a pleasant thing back then.”

WE HAVE TO STOP AVOIDING THE TRUTH AND START TEACHING OUR BLACK CHILDREN ABOUT RACISM/WHITE SUPREMACY SO THEY WILL HAVE THE PSYCHOLOGICAL ARMOR TO UNDERSTAND AND DEAL WITH IT.

The “American Promise” Documentary

American Promise 1

Two families are featured in American Promise: Tony and Stacey Summers (left) stand next to their son, Seun. Filmmakers Michèle Stephenson and Joe Brewster are with sons Idris and Miles (right).

Seun Summers (left) and Idris Brewster have been best friends since before they were kindergartners. They're both college sophomores today, and their parents say each is thriving in his respective school. (Seun is at York College, part of The City University of New York; Idris is at Occidental College in Los Angeles.)

Seun Summers (left) and Idris Brewster

Here’s the link to the video for those who want to watch it  (available on-line for FREE until March 5, 2014)

PLEASE SHARE THE LINK TO THIS POST —

THIS IS A FILM EVERY BLACK PARENT NEEDS TO SEE

(available on-line for FREE until March 5, 2014)

“Talking to Black Children About Racism/White Supremacy – Part 1”

Comments
  1. Miss Pam

We are the ONLY ones who give our children to foreigners to be educated. What I simply do is “flip the script.” Ask yourself these simple questions:

1. Would an Asian parent send their child to an all black school to be educated?

2. Would Yurugu send their child, on purpose, to an all black school with all black teachers to learn black Our-Story?

3. Would a Khazarian parent allow their spawn to participate in African studies and ritual ceremonies?

If the answer is no when you “flip the script”, then something ain’t right with us doing it.

To be frank, I believe that black children need to be homeschooled. We have ZERO business being around other people. We pick up on their energies and absorb them. Which is why many of us today suffer from some form of depression. But, I digress. An African parent needs to be hands on with their children’s education which, by tradition, should include teachings of the Spirit.

@ diaryofanegress

People who are free, think and act like free people. They prefer to control their own destiny, and those of their children. That is why there is so much war on the planet as sovereign non-white nations fight the european who seeks to dominate all the people on earth and steal their resources and self-determination.

People who have never known freedom, (descendants of slaves), and whose parents and grandparents and great grandparents have never known freedom, prefer OTHERS to control their destiny and those of their children.

Because we are still on the plantation, physically, psychologically, sexually, economically, educationally, and especially, RELIGIOUSLY, we prefer the IMAGINARY comfort and security of relying on our slave-masters. It is all we have ever known: slavery.

We do not know who we are or where we came from (and this is super important!) and so we rely on our ASSOCIATION with those who DO, to validate us and to validate our children (aka, let them sit next to a white child in a classroom or get a diploma from a WHITE high school or a university).

That’s why so many of us are openly (or secretly) thrilled when we and/or our children make “friends” with or marry whites and other non-blacks.

The descendants of slaves (who are still slaves, ourselves), seek the “energies” of people who are still intact because we are still broken, not knowing, as you said, that this will NOT HEAL US, but in fact, DEEPENS our despair and confusion and feelings of worthlessness and depression.

And since we are too ashamed to admit that we are still BROKEN (as a people) and that something is NOT QUITE RIGHT about our behavior, we continue to send our children out to experience the SAME DAMAGE we experienced as children, when clearly, this is NOT the right course to take.

All that being said, the major reason we continue to allow our children to be damaged intellectually AND emotionally, — in my opinion —

is we aren’t willing to make the sacrifices as black people COLLECTIVELY that are necessary to create other, better alternatives on a large scale,

like teaching and promoting homeschooling, or putting our funds together to build our own schools (by making financial sacrifices like not eating out as much, not spending so much on entertainment, cars, homes, clothing, liquor, etc.)

and using that money, instead, to support and EXPAND the tblack owned schools that already exist,

or POSTPONING having children altogether until we are willing to make their welfare OUR first priority

And I include myself in the above description

• I think it’s also because we don’t see whites as foreigners. We see ourselves in them. We believe our suffering comes from being “different”. So we try our best to identify with them. We feel closer to European culture than we do African culture. So because of that we have no problem having our kids educated by them. We are still mentally enslaved by these people. Until we break those chains we’ll stay right where we are.
      Your open enemy should NEVER educate your children. But first you must convince black people that they are our enemies. Not an easy task. Believe me I’ve tried.

@ diaryofanegress

Also, I noticed during the film that NOT ONE BLACK PARENT ever said the words “racism” or “white supremacy” to explain the difficulties their black child was having in that predominantly white environment.

• KingoftheTeddybears says:

Negress, here in Antigua, our schools are predominatly black, and there are Asians and Syrian minorities here, so there isn’t really much choice

2. “I do NOT UNDERSTAND why black parents/adults  do NOT know OR understand — that putting a black child in a white environment will DEVASTATE that black child’s self-esteem, self-confidence, self-respect, and increase their ANTI-BLACKNESS and WHITE IDENTIFICATION.”

It’s because they believe being educated by whites is a positive thing. Not realizing it has the opposite effect on their self esteem and self identity. They’re just thinking that “white is better” mentality. Thanks for this post. I will watch the documentary and tell others about it.

I agree, but you would think AFTER experiencing so much racism and mistreatment OURSELVES, especially during our college years and the workplace, that we would understand that our children will experience the same things.

I think we have some idea of what is happening to our children in those white schools.

We certainly KNOW what happens to US as black adults when we work in a predominantly white workplace or go into a predominantly white area to shop

Is it due to our fear of angering white people as to why we do such a poor job of protecting or educating our children about white supremacy? Is that why we largely remain silent?

I suspect that might be part of it.

• It’s definitely fear. We are SO scared of making white people angry. It’s been instilled in us for years. We can’t be afraid to speak truth to power. Our very survival is at stake. I could care less what white folks think! We are not a dependent people,at least in the material sense. Only in the psychological sense. The only thing we have to get over is…..our cowardice.

3. Reblogged this on Black Survival and commented:
    A great film worth checking out. Be sure to support it.

4. scottytreid says:

Miami Dolphin bully victim Jonathan Martin blamed the private schools his parents sent him to for his emotional problems and not being inclined to stand up for himself. He also talked about being bullied in those schools.

@ everybody:

What do you think about this?

I would like to have some feedback. Thanks.

• LBM says:

I read that a while ago. Wasn’t really clear why the dude was crying but if it was related to the taunting – could have been frustration of wanting to wring a neck but knowing he couldn’t.

LBM

Thanks to all of you for bringing this conversation down to earth (especially for myself)

It’s super important NOT to get on our high horses and look down on other victims just because we think we are less confused.

And I suspect I do this a lot.

Because black people — including myself — submit everyday to white domination, whether we understand or accept this or not.

And so the focus MUST remain on the white supremacy system and not on what is wrong with the victims because something is wrong with EVERYONE who lives within a system of oppression — including and especially the OPPRESSORS.

But I do understand the frustration of watching us make the same mistakes over and over and not being able to reach as many people with this info as we would like.

• Great video! He really nailed it! I totally agree with him. We’re literally begging to be accepted by our oppressors. We MUST break this mentality. We are so sick mentally. God help us.

@ Courtney H.

I heard about this video several days ago and it is a clear example of how much damage is being done to black people at an early age.

I don’t agree with the narrator’s point of view, and all that name-calling, since WE all submit to white supremacy — including ME and the narrator of that video.

He actually serves as a reminder of what I shouldn’t do (and need to stop doing).

Making fun of other victims, rather than talking about racism/white supremacy

Because this actually SUPPORTS the system of racism/white supremacy.

Thanks for sharing it.

@ Trojan Pam:

You’re welcome.

I appreciate everyone’s responses. I agree that we can’t get hung up on not being accepted by Whites, because as I am learning more and more, most of them hate us just for existing. Their acceptance and approval are not worth it.

I also agree that name-calling against other Blacks doesn’t help, either. We need to be more supportive of one another. That is the message that I am personally receiving from various blogs, including this one.

Again, thank you for your response and understanding.

• scottytreid says:

Mario Balotelli’s foster parents to blame for his tears

I don’t know how Seun was originally placed in Dalton but it’s worth noting that his parents did eventually take him out and placed him in a rather “afrocentric” institution through which he went on his first trip to Africa. (I’m familiar with the high school). Idris stayed at Dalton through high school. Idris’ parents are actually the film makers and more than a few parents have questioned their willingness to guinea pig their child for the project.

When Seun’s mom made the point about how the administration at Dalton made it seem like only the black students needed tutoring when in fact 90% of the students were receiving tutoring- I think she may have called it for what it was, but we all know that most films are really made in the editing room 😦

I do think it’s worth an accusation-free discussion (if possible) to really understand that WE, black adults – especially parents in this case – MUST fight white domination. That is what will make way for the opportunities we lovingly want for our children – not further reinforcing their dominance.

I don’t want to ramble on but one thing to note : While many of them are now defunct, there were highly academic independent black schools, at least during the first half or so of those boy’s sentence at Dalton. In NYC. We keep talking about homeschooling – we had it! We had it and many grew to having public spaces. But a generation of unwed parents came along, people who “kicked it” and produced children without forethought – and the willingness to support non-public schools went out the door. As soon as they could get out of daycare costs many black parents were dumping children into the public school system.

I don’t agree with Dr. Welsing on everything but one thing she advocates that is totally true – we have to plan for these children. We have to get ourselves as together as possible BEFORE producing children. Look how difficult it was for the “middle class” PAIR-ents of these boys. Black Love is a Revolutionary Act and it’s the love necessary to wage war against white domination.

Sorry to ramble. Let’s critique the film some more.

@ LBM

Thanks for reminding me about the likelihood that some of the comments by the parents could have been edited out to make the film more marketable.

Talking about racism/white supremacy would be the kiss of death for a black production hoping to be aired publicly.

Also, I agree that an “accusation-free” discussion is more constructive than blaming other black people for our reactions under a system of oppression.

Thanks for reeling me in off my sometimes self-righteous tirades. God knows I make a ton of mistakes trying to navigate this minefield without blowing a foot off.

Unfortunately, this is where we are — literally, in enemy territory, and we need to find the courage to deal with our problems, and that begins with telling ourselves the TRUTH about our condition and telling our children the truth about what they will face out in the world.

• LBM says:

I didn’t detect any “self-righteous tirades” from you Pam. I’m not one who believes we can’t critique ourselves without “blaming the victim.” I may be more about intent – and I know your and my intentions are towards solving this problem.

I think we do need to be checked at times, in this case, the parents in this film. To not realize the damage of placing a black child in certain environments is tantamount to a victim further victimizing a victim. I was only trying to make the point that these victim parents were indeed well-intentioned which is worth some compassion from us.

Now don’t get me wrong – I often have issues with the “blaming the victim” caution because some have taken that to mean victims can’t also victimize and this is a huge problem among us.

But let’s keep talking and checking ourselves and hopefully coming to better understandings of how to conquer this anti-human fungus among us.

7. Pamela says:

Some of us do know what is happening and what is best for our children’s educational experience. When it was time for my child to enter high school back in the mid-2000’s, I had her apply to high-ranking public schools in our city that had a sizable black student population in a larger diverse student body. I considered schools with a white enrollment of eighty percent or more, in white areas, to be unfit and unsafe for my or any other black child to attend. I did not want to put my child in harm’s way by sending her on her own into white areas that I considered dangerous for black people to be in, and most of these areas were quite ‘upscale’.
    This was the best I could do for our area because unfortunately, the shools with an all-black enrollment were not the highest ranking schools from an academic standpoint. I used to think at the time that black high schools could be the best if the educational system were run by people who had the desire and the will to make that possible, and I still believe that.
    I have read about the Little Rock Nine and seen pictures of those incredibly brave young men and women and I have just cringed at the thought of the abuse and vile behavior they endured everyday, all in the name of ‘integration’. It was a huge mistake in my opinion and something that I would NEVER, EVER subject my child to. I realize that, at the time, it was considered most important for our people to have the same rights as everyone else in this supposedly democratic society, and one of those rights meant being able to attend public schools which our tax dollars helped support. However, I don’t like what those students went through and I did not take a chance on exposing my child to such demonic behavior.

@ Pamela

I have mixed feelings about the Little Rock Nine. They were exceptionally brave (I would have been terrified at their age!) but at the same time I don’t believe we should put our children in that position to begin with. The message it sends to black children is they can’t receive a quality education UNLESS they’re sitting next to a white person.

Pam, I thought it was incredulous that one of the main concerns with having black boys in public school is that they end up on drugs and yet Idris, in a “prestigious prep school”, with a psychiatrist father, still ended up……drumroll……ON DRUGS! What part of having to be on guard about who and what I am, all day, just might, maybe cause some DISTRACTION from the work. ADHD? For real? Even without thinking it was a bad idea socially or politically – the school requiring this boy to be on drugs would have sealed the deal for me to remove my child.

@ LBM

I remember one of the boys saying he needed to be on drugs, and it seemed he was already convinced that he was a defective person

That’s the subtle messaging I think most black students get in predominantly white schools, that they are defective people who can only be fixed by allowing themselves to be mistreated and marginalized.

I also remember the most troubled boy saying the girls in his class wouldn’t dance with him,

and imagined him spending his lifetime trying to get that “validation” from white females and ultimately marrying one for the ultimate validation.

This is what we’re setting our children up for by putting them in that environment.

• LBM says:

In reading some of the comments about the film, one previous student made the point that none of the “people of color” in his class dated non-white. He said even the gay guy dated white gays. He himself was battling his conflict with dating black women. I think he’s about ten years out of Dalton.

@ LBM

I think that is the main motivation behind dating white people, is the desire to be “humanized” by association, like:

“hey, if this white female (or male) likes me then maybe, I’m not so inferior after all.”

or something to that effect

It’s more about what white represents to the self-esteem-starved non-white male or female

than about the individual “charms’ of the white person they’re involved with who may actually have little to offer, truth be told.

9. kowaba says:

Hey Everyone,

I found this video on youtube (a little bit over an hour long). It’s a panel discussion from the movie prep school negro.

10. I just finished watching the documentary, and I was not surprised that the boys were having some feelings of anti blackness. seun wanted his gums to be like the other kids and idris asked if he was white would everything be better because the girls turned him down. I just don’t understand why people would send their child to a predominately white school when there are great black schools.

I was glad seun got put in a different school, he had to go through so much dealing with the death of his little brother and his mother being diagnosed with cancer.

Idris’s father kept saying he was being lazy but imo his father should’ve asked what was wrong because I could tell he may not have been trying as hard not out of laziness but maybe out of fear of standing out more. Then the whole adhd thing, it seemed like he was convinced he has adhd, I wonder how many teachers complained and told him he was, his father didn’t think he was. dr umar Johnson has talked about how they always try to put black kids on adhd meds, when sometimes it’s boredom, diet, environment.

another thing was interesting was how one mother said the school was only offering tutoring to the black students but the other boy’s father said all the kids had tutors but they were getting it for free and he seemed happy about it. it seemed as if the school thought they needed something to perform whether it was meds or tutoring.

@ mstoogood4yall

No matter what kind of spin they put on it, the bottom line is this system MUST maintain black (and non-white inferiority) in order to sustain itself.

The best place to begin that the process of black inferiorization (aka niggerization) is in America’s classrooms.

• LBM says:

And remember, those boys were placed in that environment in kindergarten!!! Talk about being thrown to the wolves!! I was reviewing one of Randall Robinson’s books in which he said he didn’t sit in a classroom with white students until college. He grew up in segregated Virginia And I think he came out all the better because of it. AND he went to an ivy league school (Harvard) that Idris’ parents thought he would get into as a result of going to Dalton.

11. Gat Turner says:

I used to be in their shoes! I was the speck of pepper in a sea of salt for 2yrs in High school (in Arizona). I was ill prepared for the micro aggressions and stand-offish racism I came across. But as much as i hated it, it was invaluable expereince. I learned early they are not to be trusted, are as fake as $3 bills, and use more drugs than you can imagine. The myth of their superiority was smashed during that time I spent among the enemy.

One thing I did notice was that the brothers that were born in that community were so far gone they were for practical purposes white males! The blacks that did not sell out came from inner city urban areas not the suburbs like the homegrown blacks in Arizona.

@ everybody:

Here is an interesting article about another African-American graduate of Dalton and her experiences:

• honeytreebee says:

I remember thinking about the school closings in Chicago and how the black people were saying that these were their schools. They did not and still do not understand that these were never their schools. Even when the majority of people going to those schools are black, we do not own, control, or dictate any of the policies ever. Confusion is what we own and control is killing our youth. I saw the school closing as an opportunity for the people to build their own and set their own course. However, they sit and cry and beg with those that hate them and want their youth in prison. It does not a genius to see where they want us and that very little has changed since we were brought here in chains except we are farther away from freedom now that ever before.

Confusion about who we are and how to get free. We collectively don’t know who we are, that we are still enslaved nor do we know how to be free or even what it means. I think one of the major problems is that we don’t even know what it would look like. We have so many issues it is like a ball of knotted yarn that we are trying to untangle but just can’t seem to find the opening to it. Pam and Negress blogs both show that we have deep issues with more hurt and damage than any other people in the world. We don’t know ourselves let alone love ourselves. In order to do better by our future we must first stop and put self first.

It is not enough to have an all black school with all black instructors. It must be infused with our black spirit and dedicated to our own healing first. I have yet to see a black anything that is black only first and last. Everyone else has one except us which is why they can later send their kids off to other schools and not have them damaged. We seem to have a hard time being with ourselves let alone our own kind to no fault of our own. Yet the results are still the same.

• blackmale61 says:

I was placed in the enemy’s school at age 5 in 1966. It has contributed to a life of maximum confusion. I no longer blame myself, my parents, and everyone else (anti-blackness) because none of us failed, except in seeing this hidden truth. Now that I’m older and aware that everyone I’ve ever known (black people) were being assaulted in all nine areas, I am deeply sickened but somehow excited. I own 100 percent of my thought, speech, and action and intend to do something about this problem, THE problem every day for the rest of my life. I now am energized, even while in the face of horror, and realize nothing else is as important as the subject we speak about here. Nothing.

13. sondis says:

Pam, can you point me where you write about that TV show scandal? How it perpetuates the negro bed wench mentality. No offence but this site is one of the more horrible sites for searching or posting on. I tried to find an active thread to even ask this question and tried to run a search with the word, “scandal” with no success.

@ sondis

I found this from my post — After the Trayvon Martin Verdict What Can Black People Do? Part Five

“@ Mariama

I agree on both counts. When I hear other black people asking for more “diversity” on TV, I think — whoa! look what we get when they put us on TV either buffoons, sit-clowns, criminals, totally assimilated blacks (who don’t know any other black people), or white men’s whores (Scandal) and let’s not forget the fat and sassy overweight black females in TV commercials and black talk show hosts kissing plenty of white butt (sorry, Queen, but I’m talking about YOU)

I could really live without seeing any more of this madness that parades as “entertainment”

—————
      from: Is “The Purge” Movie A Rallying Cry for White America?

There is also a stark absence of black males and black females loving and supporting each other. Usually, we are at each other’s throats or totally absent.

as a result, you can see the rampant anti-blackness growing within the black population especially between black males and black females (all by design)

And now the shoe has been shoved on the other foot. Instead of usually seeing black males sexing white females, it’s becoming common for the black female to either pursue sex OR be sexed by white males who have NO real romantic interest in her (WHITE MARRIED MEN DO NOT COUNT AS ROMANTIC SUITORS!)

popular TV shows like “Scandal” are so TOTALLY UNREALISTIC and so superficially written

like seeing a “powerful” black female barging into a meeting at the Oval Office to chastise a white male president for sexing a white female and who makes white district attorneys beg her for mercy. (Oh yeah, that’s really going to happen).”

————-

Keep in mind, Sondis, that BOTH BLACK MALES AND BLACK FEMALES are playing the role of white males AND white females “whores” — given that black males are:

1) having sex with white males
      2) having sex with white females
      3) are coerced into wearing dresses, women’s wigs, make-up, and high heel shoes in movies and for televised “fun” (like Dennis Rodman and Charles Barkeley)

I have noticed a very disturbing increase in the number of black males on line who are criticizing and condemning black females — and I predicted this would happen as the OPPRESSION against black people increased. That rather than addressing the REAL CAUSE of black male oppression, the FEAR of racist man AND racist woman would drive some black males to target black females as this is the SAFER WAY TO VENT.

And I decided I would NOT sit by silently and not say anything when I see it happening–and I would strongly suggest ALL JUSTICE-SEEKING black males and females do the same.

Black males and black females should NOT be throwing stones at each other because NEITHER ONE OF US has found a solution to system of white supremacy.

All this anti-black bashing promotes DISUNITY not UNITY at a time where our FUTURE here in america is on the line. It just doesn’t make SENSE.

By bashing each other, we are actually performing the SAME ROLES as the black entertainers we are ridiculing

doing racist man and racist woman’s DIRTY WORK aka BEING WHITE MEN’S WHORES

• sondis says:

Thank you pam, i knew it was somewhere! ^_^ I am trying to pass on some knowledge to a sista, take a look at what she said in response to what i said.

“Oh noes! please say it isn’t so! You’re a fan of scandal?”

Her” For real dude? It’s just a TV show. Get a grip and loose the paranoia.”

Typical white washed black woman in regards to that TV Show.

@ sondis

please don’t overlook the last part of my message.

we are all “white-washed” to some degree, myself included.

How many of us watch movies and TV shows? What makes one TV show or movie any better or worse than the other? They’re all a distortion of black people in one way or another.

Do you watch sports? That’s a distortion of black males, showing them as athletic animals with ONLY the ability to throw a ball in a basket or run while 10 or more 250 lb plus men are running after them and piling on top of them.

And at the end of the day, MOST of these black athletes wind up with NO education, NO money, and a white female (or a black one) they’re paying alimony and child support to along with brain and body injuries they will NEVER recover from

while their white/Jewish managers and bosses make millions and pass along that wealth to THEIR next generation and the black male’s children start over from ground zero

and what is different about the average black athlete versus the black female on “Scandal?”

both are white men (and women’s) toys

• Courtney H says:

This is a perfect example of a Black man condemning Black females.

14. Courtney H says:

Here are two other videos where a Black man is blaming Black women for Black kids killing each other.

Courtney H

this is a common behavior — and it makes me question the SANITY of anyone who thinks it is the mother’s job — NOT the mother AND the father’s job to properly raise a child.

“That rather than addressing the REAL CAUSE of black male oppression, the FEAR of racist man AND racist woman would drive some black males to target black females as this is the SAFER WAY TO VENT.”

Bottom line.

@ LBM

I have observed the mainstream white supremacist media literally GUT the worth and decency of black females, by promoting AND rewarding white and black males who call us “nappy headed hos,” “hos” and “bitches,” (rap music), black males wearing dresses and wigs and stockings, portraying black females as violent, ignorant, and overweight “ghetto” black female

while at the same time elevating black male/white female couples as “true love” — Seal and Heidi Klum, Kanye West and Kim K, P Diddy and Jo Lo, Ice Tea and Cocoa (?)” etc, etc, etc

And I knew exactly what I was looking

WHILE at the same time, black male (and female, of course) oppression is rising, unemployment, police murders, black male on black male violence, incarceration, etc. AT THE SAME TIME these images are being promoted

WHO are these increasingly DISENFRANCHISED black males being GROOMED to REDIRECT their anger, fear and frustration at?

at black females

It is the SAME kind of programming that grooms whites to REDIRECT their anger, fear and frustration in black people’s direction because they have already been taught that black people are INFERIOR, and therefore do NOT DESERVE to be treated with respect, and in fact, can and should be physically harmed or killed.

it is the SAME kind of programming that grooms males in a male dominated society to REDIRECT their frustrations toward women (i.e. domestic violence, rape, murder, serial killing, street harassment, anti-female jokes, etc.)

and the SAME programming is happening right under our noses — black males being encouraged to disrespect, dislike, blame and shun black females

What should black females do in response to the increasing hostility directed at us?

1. STOP mistreating and demonizing other black females. It is the SAME thing when black people demonize other black people. When you hear or see something incorrect being done OR said to or about another black female SPEAK UP and speak TRUTH.

2. STOP tolerating abusive language and behavior EVEN if that means being alone. I guarantee you, the self-esteem damage that occurs when we are in an abusive relationship or in a relationship with a male who does not respect or really care for us will be more painful than being without a companion. I speak from personal experience.

3. STOP giving AID and COMFORT to black males who do NOT or will NOT give the same in return. WE are the first and sometimes ONLY ones they come to when trouble knocks on the door– YET we are the most disrespected. We TEACH people how to treat us and when there are NO consequences for bad behavior, the behavior will worsen. Too many black females are rescuing grown men and this is making them WEAK not strong.

4. STOP treating our sexuality (bodies) as though they are worthless. If a man doesn’t care about you, having sex with him won’t make him care. In fact, it deepens the hostility and dysfunction between us.

I won’t get into a long list but suffice it to say that WE — black females — will have to address this issue much in the same way black people must address the issue of racism. And I speak from experience, having done ALL of the above, and learning my lessons the hard way.

• Courtney H says:

This video is by a Black man that shows how Black women are disrespected by Black men in rap and hip-hop. It’s very informative.

• anonymous says:

Are you still thinking about doing a boot camp for Black women?

My second question is why do some Black women tend to mistreat each other. I have been on the receiving end of this kind of treatment and (outside of something I may have done to anger the person) find it baffling. It is as if some Black women target other Black women who they see as vunerable and behave toward them in the exact same way as racist behave toward us as a collective.

@ anonymous

Not sure. There is too much passivity and non-participation to justify the amount of time and energy this would require.

Maybe, I’ll create a poll to see how many people are interested. If I get few responses that will be my answer.

Definitely am aware of the way black females treat each other — and whenever i bring this up, black females get SILENT, and have little to no comment, I suspect, because they know they are mistreating other black females.

I think it’s the same reason black people mistreat each other. That once you see how little respect a certain group gets from society at large, you start to mimic that behavior. I think many black females have INTERNALIZED such a degree of self-hatred (due to living in a black-hating, black-female-hating society), that they have begun to view OTHER black females in the SAME WAY they view themselves.

It is the sign of an oppressed mind to mistreat people JUST because they look like you. In fact, it’s a form of insanity, a condition which afflicts the majority of the black population due to our brain-trashing and oppression under the system of white supremacy.

That was the main reason I wanted to do a black female boot camp was to encourage us to stop turning our justifiable anger INWARD and on each other, and REDIRECT back to its source, be it whites and/or males of EVERY color. By redirecting, I don’t mean mistreating anyone, what I mean is learning to STAND UP for ourselves and start supporting and defending our black womanhood.

For example, I was in a black-owned vegan restaurant today and I was the only female out of the three customers there. This black male named Joe, who’s in his seventies, started off by talking about how bad white people treated black males (never black females, mind you). Then he went on to talk about ‘niggers’ and how we don’t stick together and how the white man never did nothing to him, it was always the “niggers” who did him wrong,

and then, for his USUAL encore, he started attacking black females. One of the other black males, who appeared to be in his forties, was cosigning on everything Joe said.

Well, to cut to the chase, I jumped in the conversation SINCE this was a PUBLIC PLACE and if you want to have a rant about black females, you need to do it where no black females are present because that’s the same as INVITING me to participate, understand?

and that’s pretty much what I told them. I have run into this “attitude” so many times, where it is assumed that the presence of black females means it’s alright to talk bad about us. To make matters worse, some black males are resistant to a black female voicing her opinion about anything substantial.

In other words, she doesn’t know her “place” if she talks about anything “worldly” such as politics. Now, this isn’t true of all males but there is that subgroup, usually the most vocal who believe in subjugating black females in imitation of what they think the white man gets away with.

So, when the younger male said, “we just having some man talk” I said, since there are males and females present in the room, I’m having a little “woman talk.”

That’s like walking into a room as the only black person and having two white people start talking about black people. It’s a form of BULLYING.

I went on to say that it made NO SENSE for black males and females to be bashing each other in public with all the problems we have. While the conversation was going on, a black female customer walked into the restaurant.

She couldn’t help but hear the conversation but she never said a word even when the males were bashing black females. I suspect it’s because many black females are so used to being bashed they have NUMBED themselves to OR some are so afraid of alienating black males since we know the bonds between us are so fragile, that they put up with it.

But my thinking is this:

1. Why should I accept anyone’s mistreatment as normal?

2. IF YOU ARE TRASHING ME AND BLAMING ME FOR WHAT THE WHITE PEOPLE ARE DOING TO YOU, THERE IS NO BOND BETWEEN US TO BREAK.

AND that’s why black females need a boot camp, but again, the passivity and lack of participation and feedback gives me second thoughts, especially since I am knee deep in a different project.

• Courtney H says:

@ Trojan Pam and LBM:

Thanks for your responses!

16. Vette says:

@ Trojan Pam
    I have been reading your posts for a couple of years now but did not comment until today. What you are doing is very much needed for those who want to survive this SOR. Keep up the good work! As for those male victims in that restaurant if they were to have a serious conflict with a another male victim or (especially) white male(s) they will be expecting black females to have their backs. I come to the same conclusion as you and other black females who see this problem. I will no longer support black males who do not have black women’s (and girls) best interest in mind. You’re a better woman than me because I would have turned around and walked right out of that restuarant keeping my hard earned money in my pocket. lol

• Vette says:

@ Trojan Pam
      In addition, black males (I much rather call them negros) who choose to see black females as the enemy are, imo, just as bad or worst than white supremacist because of so much white supremacy brain trashing. They become white supremacist in black bodies. Sooo very sad. Sometimes I understand (not agree with) why some black females embrace white or non-black males who may show them some respect.

@ vette

It is a sad situation for a people under increasing attack on the emotional, spiritual, economic, and political fronts to be engaging in behaviors (like IR sex/relationships) that GUARANTEES we won’t have ANY kind of business or economic base or security in an increasingly hostile white society.

Surely, we are NOT in our right minds.

• originalwoman13 says:

@ TrojanPam
          It truly is a great great tragedy for black people to be engaging in many of the self-destructive behaviors that are discussed on this blog. It’s bad enough that biological, psychological, emotional, spiritual, economic, and political warfare is being waged on us mercilessly at every turn, but more disturbing that many cannot and won’t see or began to understand how merciless this war is. I came to the conclusion that an catastrophic event such as voting rights being completely snatched away or going back in complete chattel slavery (God forbid) will have to happen for the sleeping to wake up and get to work seriously defeating this system. I know that our time is not like God and Mother Nature’s time but I just can’t see our people (or anyting or anyone else) coexisting with white people on this planet for the next twenty or fifty years as white supremacy began to become more vicious and blatant due to the fact that this system and white people are in their last days.

@ originalwoman13

I agree.

And I believe there is a PLAN in the works to return most black people back to a form of chattel slavery. You can see it happening right before our eyes — the prison industrial complex.

I also believe there will be a form of Debtors Prisons where people who cannot pay their debts will be forced to work them off. That’s why I advise everyone to STOP MAKING NEW DEBT and try to pay down what you owe after you have taken care of your necessities and saved what you can. Most of all, do NOT let your children take on college debt. This debt can NEVER BE DISCHARGED and will follow them for the rest of their lives.

And the banks are — at some point — going to put a stop to people walking away from their debts TO THE BANKS.

I don’t know what the future holds long-term but I think it is clear in the short term that black people in america are in serious trouble

and our anti-blackness and interracial dating and sexing and marrying will only make it much worse.

• originalwoman13 says:

@ TrojanPam
              Although I am aware I find the events that may happen in the future to be very frightning, disturbing, and troubling and you are not the only one that have mentioned such events taking shape as debtors prison. I have too much college debt that I do not want to think about or mention how much I owe. I am paying some of it off now, but I have a looong way to go most likely the rest of my life if somethin don’t happen to help me (like winning the lottery). I did not know when I was younger when gettin loans about how college debt can trap you; you can’t even file bankruptcy.I’ve gotten some grants and scholarships, but it wasn’t a lot to pay the entire high costs of college. sigh. I’m having trouble finding a job as many college graduates are and hoping that the obama administration can do somethin to lift this burden (not counting on it though). I also want to save and prepare for this coming economic crash people are talkin about but its hard to save money when you are financially strapped. again sigh. All I know to do at this point is to ask the ancestors to help me (find a job) and my family gather the resources to prepare and to make it through; in addition to praying that this Lucifarian NWO does not come to pass.

@ originalwoman13

I sincerely sympathize with your situation, which, unfortunately, is not uncommon. I strongly recommend that if at all possible, more people learn a trade, something that will teach them how to do something, fix something, make something, etc.

That also creates the possibility that once can work for oneself even when they are jobless.

This is not a criticism of your choices, of course, just something that I talk about a lot. Even those who have jobs, need to start thinking about a business or skill they can use to supplement their income or replace it in case they lose that job.

No one’s job–including my own–is safe from the greed and corruption of the white elite.

Don’t let it demoralize you, use that creative mind that God gave you. You are here for a reason, you have purpose, you are valuable and never let anything or anyone make you feel different.

@ Vette

Thankfully, the owners of the vegan restaurant, a man and woman, are really nice people.

And I agree that black females have to raise our expectations — and that has NOTHING to do with money or material things. We have to set a better example for the girls and young women who are coming behind us, and let them know WE DO NOT NEED TO PROVE OUR HUMANITY TO ANYONE–including black males.

Because the TRUTH is, we are NOT VALUED by anyone, including ourselves. And it is time for this to stop.

• originalwoman13 says:

@ TrojanPam
        I have experienced this black female vs. black female angst in which you speak of all of my life from females in and outside of my family. I don’t have many female friends and that is okay. I most definitely never had any white female friends and a few black female friends. With black females in particular I find that many tend to turn on one another for the littlest things. For example, in junior high and up until my second year in high school I was bullied by black females because my hair was “too nappy” which resulted in my literally begging my mom to start relaxing my hair so that the bullying would stop. My hair was natural, long, and thick. I later found this to be just jealousy because many black females coveted long hair and wished for it because of the myth that black girls/woman cannot have long hair. A few years back when I started studying counteracism and started focusing on the treatment of black females in this society I found that some black females will throw other black females even little girls under the bus for a black male who does not deserve defending. Black people especially many black males who have respect for Malcom X need to really think about his comment that the BLACK WOMAN IS THE MOST MISTREATED PERSON IN AMERICA. I think it is also safe to say that the black woman is also the most mistreated person in the world. One way we as black women/girls can learn to value ourselves and other black women/girls is to learn who we truly are instead of continuing to let white supremacy braintrashing/programming to do so. We are the mothers of man/mankind, mothers of civilization, the original women, queens, goddessess, etc. No other group of women on this planet has these titles. No one.

@ originalwoman13

I cosign on everything you said. It is very, very difficult to form lasting and constructive friendships with other black females, especially once we become adults because the insecurities and mistreatment over a lifetime has deformed our personalities and self-confidence, and self-esteem

At that point, other black females become competitors and a threat to us.

That’s why I am considering creating a Black Female Boot Camp to address these issues AMONGST OURSELVES.

I don’t think most of us understand how damaging it is to OURSELVES to express so much dislike toward other black females when we are black females.

there’s a reality show called Hip Hop Atlanta that I watched over a period of time and the one thing that stood out was how EVERY SINGLE BLACK FEMALE on that program had a destructive relationship with a man.

And the second thing I noticed was how angry and psychologically devastated they were–and you could see this anger and pain (and self-hatred) in the way they addressed each other:

rachet ass ho bitch side piece

I wanted to reach through that TV screen and shake them and say, “Don’t you know YOUR LANGUAGE toward each other actually destroys your own self-esteem as black females?”

And all the black females (young and old) who watch this kind of “programming” will begin to internalize more self-contempt and contempt for other black females as NORMAL.

I have watched countless black females PERK UP in the presence of a black male who they do not even respect, it’s just the MALENESS that they respond to like people in a desert spotting a glass of water they know MIGHT BE a mirage but they are so thirsty, they stop caring and just go on believing.

And I agree with you that the MAIN reason we are attacked AS black females is EVERYONE on the planet (except us and many black males) KNOW WHO WE ARE.

And it is their fear of the awakening of black people all over the planet that keeps them as silent or vocal conspirators in our demonization.

Because once the black female AWAKES, this will trigger the AWAKENING of black males and there will be no greater SPIRITUAL FORCE on the planet.

That’s why there is so much effort put into killing us, destroying us, and turning us against each other.

P.S. One quote from Malcolm X certainly relates to this issue (when he was in Paris during 1964):

“…in every country you go to, usually the degree of progress can never be separated from the woman. If you’re in a country that’s progressive, the woman is progressive. If you’re in a country that reflects the consciousness toward the importance of education, it’s because the woman is aware of the importance of education.

But in every backward country you’ll find the women are backward, and in every country where education is not stressed it’s because the women don’t have education. So one of the things I became thoroughly convinced of in my recent travels is the importance of giving freedom to the women, giving her education, and giving her the incentive to get out there and put the same spirit and understanding in her children. And I am frankly proud of the contributions that our women have made in the struggle for freedom and I’m one person who’s for giving them all the leeway possible because they’ve made a greater contribution than many of us men…”

You and all black women have every right to stand up for your human dignity.

I never heard this quote by Malcolm X. There are many great quotes by the Honorable Elijah Muhammad and Muhammed Ali about the IMPORTANCE of respecting women.

Unfortunately, just the opposite appears to be the (ab)norm of the day and as you can see our communities are in complete disarray, due mainly to white supremacy

BUT our response to our oppression makes our oppression even worse

I talk about respecting the MOTHERS OF YOUR NATION in my book, “Black Love Is A Revolutionary Act”

And this is not about pretending that black females are perfect but the FACT that if you do not respect where (and who) you came from you do not respect yourself.

• originalwoman13 says:

@TrojanPam
            I am trying to wean myself off of watching a lot of these reality and other te-lie-vision programming because much of it is just sooo negative and sooo demeaning. Anyone in their right mind can’t believe that all black people, black men, black women, and black girls and boys, black families function at such high levels of dysfunction. While all black people in my neigborhood, family, city, county etc don’t act uncivilized TOO MANY do and witnessing such slave thinking and behaviors all the time can really at times send you in a state of hopelessness and despair of black people ever waking up in large numbers to realize what is happening to us. On the other hand my friend and I (he’s older and been awakened long before I) was discussing the other day that we just need enough black people on this planet talking to the ancestors, gods, etc to get things on this planet for black people to change before its too late. I was telling him that I hope enough black people across the planet (maybe a couple of thousand or million) are awake enough to use our divine energies to get a great change in motion. I was also discussing with couple of my friends a while back that I hope this explosion of black females’ decision to return our hair to its natural state is not a trend but here to stay. I’ve couldn’t imagine so many black females embracing our natural once again 15 to 20 years ago. Hopefully, this too is the start of something positively greater to come.

• originalwoman13 says:

@TrojanPam
              (Continuation from my last post)
              It would be great if you start a black female boot camp even if you have only a few black female readers. From a past post I see that you have had some reservations about it but if a few black females learn some strategies and techniques to protect ourselves spiritually, emotionally, and sometimes physically from the ongoing online and offline mass assault it would be of great value. You should take pride that you have done your best as a counteracist black woman to help other black women/girls to have strategies/techniques to deal with our situation (or should I say shituation) under the SOR. I’ve noticed that a good number of black women/girls are coming to realize that we as black women/girls are devalued and unprotected and in great need strategies and techniques.

@ originalwoman13

You’re right. I’ll start putting the info together so I’ll have something by the summer

Thanks for the encouragement!

@ originalwoman13

Believe me, I know the sordid appeal of reality shows, it’s like passing by an accident, and slowing down to see what happened.

I hope more BW get away from the permed and weaved look, in these hard economic times, we have to be more careful about the money we spend, the chemicals we put in and on our bodies and the programming we allow into our heads.

On the educational issue, it is right to advocate strong black cultural influences in black children early on. One trick by the enemy is trying to equate anything that is positive and all-black as racist when the truth is that power structure uses its corrupt institutions to cause mostly white people to benefit from it (and this same system indoctrinates many black Americans to worship whiteness at the expense of their obligation to improve their own black people). Also, all black institutions positively assisting black people is never about us adhering to racism. It is about focusing on self determination, building strength inside of children, and allowing children to witness their great human value. Like Malcolm X said, we can never witness real social progress unless we love ourselves and love our BLACKNESS.

18. Courtney H says:

@ everybody:

My sister and I earlier today attended a brunch that sponsored by the alumni of University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff (UAPB). Several members of our church are active in this organization, and even though my sister and I are not alums, we like to attend.

At the brunch, the chancellor of the university stated that enrollment was dropping and that more needed to be done to encourage more students to attend. I read an article recently that discussed lower enrollments at Howard University and HBCUs.

Furthermore, when it comes to Black kids attending Predominantly White Institutions (PWIs), excellent grades and other achievements will not get us accepted by most in the dominant society. We need to prepare our young people for this.

This is where Timothy’s comment about introducing our children Black children at an early age is spot-on. Teaching our children to have pride in their heritage (as well as teaching them the truth about racism) will help our children survive in a world that is hostile to us

@ Courtney H

I believe I read somewhere that HBCUs have lost a major part of their funding since Obama’s election. That is not surprising. Every effort is being made to derail the progress of black people collectively, and the best way to do it–and a very common tactic–is to put a black face on it. I believe, looking back, black people will have to face the fact that we were bamboozled by the white elites–once again.

We do need to prepare our youth but not by selling them a lie or false hopes, but telling them the TRUTH about this system and helping their find SELF-RESPECTING STRATEGIES to survive and thrive without selling their integrity or descending into more anti-blackness.

I’ll check out the links you posted, thanks.

• Courtney H says:

@ Trojan Pam:

Thanks for your comments in response — I know that I had a heavy load in that post. I greatly appreciate it. You’re absolutely right in your comments.

19. I’m recommended this fabulous website by way of my own cousin. I’m not constructive no matter if the following create is usually authored through your pet while nobody recognize these specific around my personal difficulties. You happen to be awesome! Many thanks!

I only watched part of this — but I watched was pretty interesting. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Hello Sister Courtney

The video is unique. My first impression of the video is that is shows dogma from the black Hebrew Israelite movement. The speaker is a member of this movement. They are right on some issues. First, I will show where I agree with them on and then where I disagree with them on. They are correct to expose the viciousness of slavery. American Slavery was an abomination and the Maafa was invented by white racist terrorists. Slaves in America were treated as property by bigots. They are right to expose the oppression of black people in America. It is true that racists want to disrespect the manhood of black men in many ways from the prison industrial complex to many unjust laws. Western media and other entities have promoted the emasculation of black men. I don’t agree with that. Many black men have been harmed and scapegoated for the ills of society. It is true that many families have been harmed or split apart via many policies, laws, and economically regressive actions. They are right that black fathers have great importance and black fathers have every right to teach, to fight for truth, and to express their power in the world. Black fathers raising strong children is a great thing. We should believe in morality (which means that adultery, deception, and other evils are wrong), integrity, and honorable actions.

I disagree with them on many of their views on women. Many Hebrew Israelites have an intense hatred of women or believe that women must be dominated by men in order for society to improve. I disagree with that assumption. The truth is that black men and black women are oppressed by the same system of oppression. Also, many Sisters have been great leaders against white racism like Harriet Tubman, Sojourner Truth, Ella Baker, and others. These Sisters did not play in the back of the bus. They fought for liberation just as strongly as the Brothers have fought for liberation. So, women in her essence can show strength, leadership, and power. Men can show strength, leadership, and power too. The video mentions Malcolm X, but Malcolm X in 1965 wanted equality among the sexes and he said that women should have education. Malcolm X was a revolutionary Black Nationalist. Malcolm X opposed the Vietnam War. He criticized captalism.

So, much of the video is blatantly misogynistic since black history proves the strength of black men and black women. It stereotypes black women. There are tons of black women who not only love black men, but want their rights respected too. The freedom of black men is never caused by the suppression of black women’s rights. The freedom of black men is always linked to the liberation of black women .We should have the promotion of black fathers and black mothers in the home. Also, the speaker’s stories about his relatives receiving bruises is similar (not equivalent) to how white racists whipped black slaves. Black fathers matter. Black mothers matter. I was raised by a strong black father and a strong black mother. This war is not only against black fathers, but it is against black mothers too. They use the Bible as an excuse to advance the lie that women permanently must be downplayed of her role in the lives of the family. There are many single families and nuclear families that raised intelligent, strong, and stable children.

Also, the black Hebrew Israelites view Latinos as part of the lost tribes of Israel too including the Native Americans. We know that there are many Afro-Latino Brothers and Sisters down for the cause of justice, but we black people should run our own show. We should lead our own movement for liberation and Black Love is a great, positive force which can build our communities strongly.

Hi Timothy

Thank you for taking the time to watch the video (it is more than an hour long). You summed up the video excellently. I happened to click on it when I went to YouTube out of curiosity. I do not like what they said about women either — just like you said, they use the Bible as an excuse to slam women. They were promoting the Angry Black Woman stereotype. I have to admit that I really do not pay attention to the Black Hebrew Israelites because I see them as crazy people shouting stuff at people on the streets.

I actually turned from the video when they started to call Jesus **a devil.** They may have said that because they were showing a photo of a historically inaccurate Jesus. However, as a Christian, I found them calling Jesus that to be offensive.

I agree with you that both Black women and Black men have participated in the struggle for equal rights in this country, and just like with Big B Kel the Great and Sarge Willie Pete, they are wrong to be so misogynistic. What makes the Black Hebrew Israelites worse is that they use the Bible to justify their misogyny (just like you said). They are no different than White fundamentalists who use the Bible to justify subjugating women.

I am also grateful that you corrected their use of Malcolm X to justify their misogyny. Malcolm X did believe in equality for women, and these men are wrong to twist his words to justify the subjugation of Black women in our community.

We have already discussed your last point before. Peoples of all races should respect one another, but our struggle is our struggle alone, and no one else*s.

Here is a video that discusses this point in more detail. Be forewarned — the narrator uses a lot of profanity:

I have listened to the video Sister. It was very interesting. The Brother speaking has expressed a lot of hurt and pain. He is very sincere in fighting for the solidarity and unity of black people. Again, I will first show where I agree with him on and where I disagree with him on. He spoke many truths that people need to hear.

First, he is right that the black community must put aside petty differences and form plans to advance our own socio-political power. Every other ethnic group (like Indians, the Irish, the Hispanics, the Jewish people, the Arabic peoples, etc.) does this and we have more than enough justification to unite and promote our interests irrespective of what anyone says. This is not racism. That is commonsense. Black people have the right to fight for liberation and not accept the status quo. The status quo doesn’t work. He is right that some non-blacks exploit the sacrifice that our people made in America (and exploit the laws that Brothers and Sisters bled and died for from the Voting Rights Act, Civil Rights Act, and to the Housing Act of 1968) as a means to promote their interests in a selfish, exploitative fashion.

Therefore, any Hispanic person or anybody regardless of color, who does economic corruption, mistreats someone unfairly, or does deception, is wrong. There is no excuse for anyone to use black people as a means to reap the benefits off the backs of black people. We have seen non-black cultural exploiters for generations (from the Kardashian Sisters, Eminem, Jennifer Lopez, Robin Thicke, etc. Robin Thicke is being sued by the family of Marvin Gaye because Thicke stole music from Marvin Gaye without his family’s permission). We should stand up for our rights and stand up for justice. His experiences in the workplace and in other functions of his life should be told and his story can motivate real social change. Having love for black people has nothing to do with advancing bigotry. It deals with loving the essences of our beings as black people. Many undocumented human beings are treated very badly economically. Many of them are murdered and mistreated in society.

Many of them come from the global South and they migrate to the global North. Global South is an economic term for developing nations. Global North is an economic term for developed nations. Many immigrants live in conditions caused by Western imperialism and neoliberalism. Imperialism, corporate exploitation, bad trade deals, etc. cause bad social conditions in the global South. This crisis of globalized capitalism (in the Third World) has caused many people to migrate northward as a means to seek a better life. I blame the corporate oligarchs for causing our broken immigration system more so than the immigrants (who are the victims of that broken system) in the first place. The oligarchs are supporting low wages, austerity measures, the War on Drugs, and other bad conditions in our communities. Likewise, there is nothing wrong with deporting undocumented immigrants who are murderers, rapists, terrorists, or heinous criminals after due process. That’s commonsense. I do know how the elite wants to play immigrants (many immigrants are black too not just Mexican) and black people against each other, so some can’t see the real oppressor at hand. I don’t hate anybody of any race. I do love black people too. So, immigration is a complex issue. It is not totally black and white as the extremists believe.

We should be fair and compassionate toward our neighbors, but we can’t be naïve. We can both treat immigrants with dignity and with respect while at the same time advance our own socio-political agenda as black people. I am glad that the Brother has mentioned that not all Hispanics are like that. Any immigration policy must be fair to black people in America. We should not be xenophobes (as white supremacists are heavily involved in the anti-immigrant movement. These bigots hate even legal immigration. Historically, the eugenics movement and the anti-immigrant movement were allies decades ago) and lack compassion. We should be realistic. I reject the splitting up of families and I believe in birthright citizenship. A child should not be punished for the actions of someone else. That is why a living wage (increasing the minimum wage is one of the easiest ways to lower illegal immigration),the guest worker program must be evaluated, fights against discrimination, enforcement of and other policies can handle immigration issues. Also, our issues have to be addressed too.

The President can overtly talk about the interests of other people and we have the right voice our issues too dealing with unemployment, health care, police brutality, education, etc. Ironically, white supremacists have illegally stole land in the Americas, created arbitrary borders, and are lecturing us on immigration, which is total hypocrisy. Not to mention that Obama’s proposals are not the amnesty that Reagan (who was an enemy of black people for numerous reasons) did. Behind the fine print, the Obama proposal deals with deportation, fines, and other measures. It is the system of white supremacy/racism harming people globally irrespective of the border compositions of countries (just like they made up the borders in Africa via the Berlin Conference during the late 19th century). They stole the land and they now saying that it is their land is just hilarious. It is illogical to blame victims totally for the broken immigration system (when they have exploited Native Americans and black Americans to build up the modern Western Empire). I don’t believe in American exceptionalism.

I disagree with him that many black foreign people are not down for our cause. The truth is that African Americans should not have some superiority complex in terms of blackness. In other words, we should not think that we African Americans are the most black, the most pro-African black people in the world. It is that arrogance, which is Western arrogance that we ought to be rejected as African Americans. There are many Brothers and Sisters worldwide who are fighting for justice and are in solidarity with us in our struggle for freedom and justice. That is why we should support the black Haitians who have been mistreated by Western policies and by token leadership in Haiti. Haitian immigrants in America should be respected by us. Also, many black Afro-Latinos are doing what is right too. The documentary Black in Latin America shows real anti-black racism in Latin America and it also shows how many black Latinos are in organizations fighting against racism too. Therefore, the video was strong and it should make people think.

True black unity is unity not only with Brothers and Sisters living in the States, but uniting with Brothers and Sisters living in Africa, Europe, South America, etc. We are one black people. We are an international people.

I have just finished reading your comments. Again, thank you for watching the video.

I agree with all of your statements, since you were thorough in reacting to the video. The narrator is right about Black people needing to get together to protect ourselves and build up our communities like other groups do. Other people have taken advantage of all of the struggles that we started and continue with to this day. Now they have their own movements, and we have to have ours. Like you said, this does not mean hating people; it means helping ourselves.

One of the reasons why immigration policy is broken is because it is not fairly applied, just like you mentioned with the Haitian vs. the Cuban refugees. There is a lot of bigotry behind the anti-immigrant movement, and these haters forget that their ancestors were immigrants here, too. You are right to point out the hypocrisy that these people took the land from the Native Americans, and brought our ancestors over here as slaves (and that we built this nation for them), and yet they have the nerve to tell us how to act and to tell other people to get out.

I have heard of the terms Global South and Global North. People who come to this country to work hard and help their families are exploited by the capitalist system and imperialist-style policies. NAFTA really made a bad situation worse, on both sides of the border (USA, Canada, Mexico). I lot has to be done to get immigration reform completed to work for everybody, including American citizens.

Like you said, immigration is a complex issue, just like many others.

@ Everybody:

I watched this video last night. Any thoughts?

The video from Professor Griff and Zaza Ali was interesting.

FOX News’ Empire is about a show about a drama that deals with the music industry. Lee Daniels is one creator of the show. Lee Daniels is the same man who was involved in Precious and the Butler movies. Empire is a TV series is part of the overall agenda of the establishment. The establishment promotes stereotypes, lax morality, selfishness, and materialism all of the time. The music industry is not ruled completely by black people. The industry is controlled by mostly white males. The show Empire has the title of Empire. The show tries to show black people while covertly the Empire of white supremacy exists now (and runs the music empire on the show and in real life). Back in the day, we had empires. Shows like Empire omit the conscious Brothers and conscious Sisters with strong families, being upright, and helping their communities. Empire is being used as a distraction as a way for people to sympathize with the materialism and corruption found in the establishment’s music industry. Monster’s Ball is a disgrace of a movie. I saw some of Monster’s Ball and I just stopped looking at it after 30 minutes. From that day on, I have never looked at Monster’s Ball a day in my life.

Lee Daniels is a puppet of the ruling class, because a revolutionary Brother or a revolutionary Sister would never be allowed to show shows that show the real wonder and essence of our people (in opposition to the system of white supremacy explicitly). Junk TV is just like that, junk. We have to treat each other right and understand that fathers and mothers should educate their children on their culture, their power, and their human value. The Knowledge of Self is so important to promote. We should not worship the celebrity culture. We need to develop our souls and our minds, so we can develop a better civilization for our community. We need to follow collective improvement. Both Professor Griff and Zaza Ali made an excellent point about how black people have great brain power, so we can be multifaceted in our attributes (from creating music, producing, photographing, writing, engineering, etc.).

Boyce Watkins’ views are interesting too. He is right that Empire shows stereotypical images and that FOX News is filled with racists. Rupert Murdoch is a capitalist who said that all of the ancient Egyptians were white, which is false. Boyce Watkins is right that the emasculation agenda (in the sense of bashing any black man expressing strength, honor, dignity, etc.) is real in society. Lee Daniels is a self-hater and he made disrespectful comments about black women too. I remember that. It is a shame that talented actors and actresses like Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson are rewarded for playing such role since both people are excellent in the art of acting. People should think for themselves. Television is one of the greatest propaganda devices in human history. We have to ask questions on why things are in the screen and we have to use our discernment as our Creator would want us to do. We need economic collective power and integrity too. We shouldn’t oppress innocent people like a dictator, but we have to stand strongly in favor of morality, truth, and dignity. Media has used brainwashing for a long time.

Also, we should fight for black liberation too.

Good morning, Brother Timothy. 🙂 Again, as for showing these videos, I appreciate the thanks, and you are welcome.

Thank you for your response to the TV show **Empire.** Both of these videos are very interesting. I agree with your summations of the videos pointing out how the entertainment media are part of the propaganda machine in this country. Anti-Black stereotypes have been promoted by the media from the beginning. For example, **Birth of a Nation** is a perfect example of how stereotypes have been used against Blacks. The first 30 minutes of this documentary discuss the effects this movie had on American society:

I have to admit that I used to like the movie **Monster*s Ball.** I even had it on DVD. However, after I started to watch videos by conscious Brothers and Sisters pointing out the stereotypes of the movie and others, I took the DVD to Best Buy and gave it away.

Thank you for pointing out how this show **Empire** not only stereotypes Black people, but promotes materialism, back-stabbing, cheating, lying, and selfishness. I have to admit that I watched last night*s episode, because I had only seen part of the premiere episode and missed the second one because I had forgotten that it was on. Just like Dr. Boyce Watkins said, if you are going to watch the show, watch it with a critical eye, and I did.

On last night*s episode, the women characters b*tched at one another, a man committed adultery, and another man beat up a man who disagreed with him about a music video. I was saddened that one of the greatest singers ever, Gladys Knight, had a cameo on this episode, singing at the funeral of a thuggish character. Also, outside the church, the main character gave a $100 dollar bill to a little kid as **an advance** on his future rap career. He didn*t ask the child if he wanted to be a doctor or a lawyer when he grew up, but a rapper. The child said that he wanted to be a rapper when he grew up. What kind of a message is this sending?

Zaza Ali made a comment that we should steer our children to watching positive and productive programs, instead of trash. Children need to be guided to watching positive depictions of our people. That is why more and more Black people are demanding that we create our own news and entertainment media.

I have heard people commenting on the emasculation of the Black man for a couple of years now? Have you noticed how many Blacks often dress in drag in movies and on TV? I watched a video a couple of years ago that pointed that out.

Blaxploitation films back in the 1960s and 1970s were a double-edged sword. Yes, these movies provided jobs for Black actors and actresses, writers, producers, directors, set designers, etc., but these movies were about thugs, hookers, drug dealers, and other nefarious characters. Some people say that the **hood movies** in the 1990s were updated versions of Blaxploitation films. Therefore, the TV show **Empire** can be considered the 2010s version of Blaxploitation. I agree that it is sad that talented actors like Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson have to act in these types of programs to make a living.

Thank you for your words Sister.

I have looked at the Klan documentary before. It was shown many years back in the History Channel. The Klan represent what white supremacy is all about. The system of white supremacy is about the scapegoating of black people, demonic energy, and terrorism.. Yes, the emasculation of black men agenda is real. Many black men have dressed in drag in movies and TV. This has been going on for decades. Flip Wilson popularized it in the second half of the 20th century. Many actors do many things that degrade their masculine essence. In the final analysis, there is nothing wrong with a man being a man. A man should never forsake his total manhood for profit. What profit a man if he gains the whole world, but he loses his soul. Also, black women should be respected too. The Hollywood industry have shown shows, movies, etc. that glamorize hatred, selfishness, materialism, and other obscene agendas. We have to continue to teach the black youth about their humanity, their history, and their culture. The Empire show has been discussed, debated, and talked about by many human beings. More and more people see that the materialism, the selfishness, the deception, etc. is fully shown in the Empire TV show.

One thing that you won’t find in the Empire show is about the mostly male music executives internationally which controls the mainstream music industry. That show will not expose Viacom, etc. for its exploitation of black human lives.

We need a renaissance of movies where Brothers and Sisters are shown as doctors, lawyers, blue collar workers, teachers, etc. I do notice something about the 1990’s as well. There were shows like A Different World, Roc, Parent Hood, South Central, Moesha, etc. which showed less stereotypical images of black people. I loved these shows, because they outlined great humor, but they respected the essence of the black family at the same time. The 1990’s had many great shows, but we live in the 2010s where more stereotypical shows are prevalent.

We want to be free and we want justice without question.

God Bless you.

Thank you for your words, too, Brother. 🙂

The Klan is the epitome of violent white supremacy — white terrorism. Like the rest of society, they blame all of this country*s problems on Black people. They are acting out what many Whites would really like to do us. Why do you think the GOP is often compared to the KKK?

Thank you for reminding me about Flip Wilson being in drag. I had forgotten about that. His ** Geraldine** was an early example of the emasculation of Black men in Hollywood. This is only a small part of Hollywood being a White-run town:

Most of what we see from Hollywood promotes all the behavior that you mentioned in your comments. We need to teach our children the opposite of this behavior. I am glad that people are debating this show; it is sorely needed. Shows like **Empire** will not show the reality of how Black acts are exploited by the music industry, just like your pointed out.

I remember the 1990s very well. There were a lot of good shows on TV that showed Black people as regular people who worked hard and led honest lives, just like the majority of people. God bless you

Here is another video about the TV series **Empire.**