UPDATE: The Original Writer of the Matrix and The Terminator is a Black Woman

Posted: February 17, 2014 in Uncategorized

Unfortunately, in the short time that passed since I posted this story, I have come across some new information–which I cannot verify–which that states that a court has already ruled against Ms Stewart and in favor of the defendants:

Matrix and Terminator copyright rulings

Regardless of any court rulings, I believe her story could be true for the following reason:

1.  She is a non-white person in a white supremacy system. The COURT SYSTEMS are used to maintain this system for the same reason Zimmerman “won” his case and for the same reason Dunn (the white male who murdered a black boy over “loud music”) was NOT convicted of first degree murder, and all the hundreds of thousands of black people denied justice in American courtrooms.

I don’t know what the truth is BUT based on the preponderance of evidence of how the white supremacy system functions, especially when it comes to the court systems — this court ruling does not prove Ms Stewart was lying.

In fact, I EXPECTED her to lose, regardless of any facts or proof she presented.

And, as usual, I was not surprised.

But, in the interests of being as accurate as possible — AND I cannot verify the accuracy of the Matrix and Terminator copyright rulings at the above link–I had to share this information with you.

The remainder of my post regarding WHITE THEFT of BLACK INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY is accurate and still stands.

Comments
  1. […] UPDATE: The Original Writer of the Matrix and The Terminator is a Black Woman […]

2. Pamela says:

I have heard of this lady before, TrojanPam, but I had forgotten about the case. First, I’d like to thank you for posting this information and keeping it ‘out there’.

The only way to know if her work, entitled “The Third Eye”, was the basis for those two very lucrative film franchises would be to read the documents that she created.and do a comparison. I read through some of the court proceedings and it sounds like she could not prove that the films were either “substantially similar” or “strikingly similar” to her work. There was also a statute of limitations and ‘doctrine of laches’ to consider. The court also did not think there was any basis for prosecuting the defendants under the RICO act, either.

I completely agree that their judicial system is set up to work in their favor and in no one else’s particularly black people. But of course, since they are hypocrites who love to have everything both ways, they have always pompously insisted that black people obey their laws, I sincerly hope that if the Wachowskis, James Cameron, Warner Brothers, and 20th Century Fox did indeed steal her intellectual property that she eventually wins this case and it gets all the publicity it deserves. I’m sure, however, that if that happened she would have many racist detractors who would refuse to believe it and scream to the heavens that she’s lying,

@ Pamela

I agree.

and frankly, I think if she were able to prove that the Wachowskis, James Cameron, Warner Brothers, and 20th Century Fox stole her intellectual property she would not live long enough to enjoy the rewards — or win in court.

• Pamela says:

Unfortunately, you’re probably right about that. I just wish we could get enough of our people with the will and the desire to be in control and in charge of our affairs in this society to be able to protect her and other black people who need it. In fact I would like to see us build our own powerful media industry that provides our talented people with all the creative and decision making opportunites we need. think that people truly have to WANT power in order to gain it, and since our people are so psychologically damaged it takes a lot to erase all the brainwashing to get to that point.

3. Omay Farlane says:

As a writer I have to be very careful to who I’m going to post my stories for the sake of getting known in the “business.” It’s very rare that I see Afro-American female writers these days because the media always focus on white Caucasian female writers like JK Rowling, PC Cast and so forth, specially when it comes to Science Fiction and Fantasy categories. I believe the whole concept of being creative should be awarded to everyone, not only whites. What? That Black Women can’t write a very nice piece of work? You have to be kidding me?

@ Omay Farlane

The publishing industry — which is really an offshoot of the entertainment industry — is very segregated and closed to all but a handful of black people.

have you noticed that the most celebrated black writers — as great as they are — seem to have a common theme

The misery of being black?

When we write stories that require a different kind of imagination that EMPOWERS US, we may find our work is not as welcome as those works that highlight the MISERY of being black

In my opinion

Regardless, WRITE WHAT YOU LIKE

4. MTH PROD says:

I don’t know about The Matrix because I never saw it and don’t care to. However, in reference to The Terminator, James Cameron wrote that script based on two Harlan Ellison segments from the Outer Limits, “Demon with a Glass Hand” and “Soldier”. In fact, Cameron even admitted this in an interview for (I believe) Starlog magazine. In fact, if you watch a copy of The Terminator now, in the end credits, it has an “Acknowledgement to the works of Harlan Ellison” and I’m sure a settlement was reached. Ellison was good natured about it because he felt that Cameron was at least being honest about his “homage” to him. I should mention the Outer Limits episodes were written in the early 60s. So that’s what The Terminator is based on. Freely admitted by Cameron.

• David Gill says:

That’s according to Cameron. Seems that Cameron would choose an homage to Ellison, from a 60’s show, that I grew up on, than to a creative contemporary black woman.

@ MTH PROD

I’m not surprised. As one black male movie insider once said, “Hollywood is the land of white supremacy.”
      I wholeheartedly agree. I think it should be obvious to all people who are not in a coma that the white mainstream media as well as the larger white society is NOT going to give black people the credit we deserve unless forced to.

5. Dan says:

She didn’t lose, her case was dismissed because she never showed up to court. What she submitted was a 7 page treatment about killer robots. That could be dozens of movies. One or two ideas does not make an entire screenplay, especially one that was hundreds of pages in length. It was also dismissed because the judge couldn’t see any markedly blatant similarities between her 7 page idea and the movie franchises.

6. Epiphaney says:

Sophia Stewart, the truth and a lie cannot remain in the same room. Because truth will compel a lie to come out. Be patient, your time WILL come.